top of page

aimscreatives Group

Public·49 members
Naum Sharapov
Naum Sharapov

Zoo.txt

How does relativize() work out such a deep path? I understand that relativize() works in relation to the current working directory, so it adds .. to every path. But I am cannot understand, how it worked out the path to zoo.txt in relation to dictionary.txt.

zoo.txt

So whether you use Paths.get("..", "..", "temp", "delete", "dictionary.txt") or Paths.get("a", "b", "c", "d", "e"), it makes no difference, in either case, the implementation treats it as five nonmatching path components that have to be removed to resolve to Paths.get("zoo.txt"). This applies to both, Windows and Linux. You may verify it with the following platform-independent code:

Since relatize incorrectly treats all component the same, the relativized paths are the same, but since the normalize operation does handle the .. path components, the first resolved path will exhibit the problem whereas the second resolves to the expected zoo.txt.

We want to get from zoo.txt to elephant.bin in this example.So, let's start at zoo.txt and ask ourselves: how do I get from zoo.txt to elephant.bin. First I have to go up a directory, so I use ".." Now I'm in temp. (Trace the steps with your finger if it helps!). I have to go up one more to java so, I use ".." again. Now I'm in java. The directory bin is in java, so, I go down to it using "/bin". Once more I go down using "/elephant.bin". We have arrived at our destination. 041b061a72

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...

Members

bottom of page